I’m so honored that I’ll be an invited author at the Virginia Festival of the Book in March in Charlottesville, Virginia. This is a special honor for me because I went to graduate school at UVA, and this city holds a special place in my heart. It’s also where I began to dream, again, of becoming an author.
Over the course of two days, I’m visiting 7 elementary and middle schools to talk to students, teachers, and staff about writing, books, and storytelling. Here’s where I’ll be:
- Village School, 215 E High St, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- Walker Upper Elementary School, 1564 Dairy Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Burley Middle School, 901 Rose Hill Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Oakland School, 128 Oakland Farm Way, Troy, VA 22974
- Scottsville Elementary School, 7868 Scottsville Road, Scottsville, VA 24590
- Hollymead Elementary School, 2775 Powell Creek Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22911
- Sutherland Middle School, 2801 Powell Creek Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22911
After that, I’ll be attending events associated with the book festival. The schedule is still TBD and I’ll let you know more as soon as I have that information. I’m looking forward to meeting readers and authors, and to revisiting a city that made me the person I am today.
To learn more about the festival, visit http://vabook.org/.