you're reading...
art, inspiration, photographs, pictures

Leap: In Love with Pinterest, a Celebration of Beauty in Images

The Lantern Festival, Honolulu, Hawaii from...Pinterest

I found my way to Pinterest through a blog friend labyrinth.

My friend Phyllis started a new blog, The Carb Lover Lady. Phyllis and I are bloggy friends after I asked to interview her back in 2009 for my Examiner column on entrepreneurship. Phyllis recently featured a recipe for Greek Yogurt Banana Bread on her blog from Ingredients, Inc., the site of Alison Lewis, a health expert. (By the way, I’ve started practicing my baking again thanks to the encouragement of MJ, another bloggy friend and great supporter of my writing and life.)

Alison uses Pinterest to find a lot of the images on her site and they’re stunning. The one of the banana bread made my mouth water so I toddled on over to find where photo like this can be found online. And then I went down the rabbit hole. I was blown away by the beauty and breadth of the images.

Pinterest is a site of curated images by people like you and me. Their mission is to build a community of people who share images they love. As my friend Amanda (another friend I met through blogging) said, “Fun to take a break from text and live with images for a while.” My friend Kelly pins images of houses she dreams of living in. And that’s the real genius of the site: like life, it’s what you make of it.

Above all, Pinterest is a wonderful reminder of all the beauty that this world holds, all the inspiration that’s out there if only we search for it and share it. Hop on over and check out the images that are making me smile – click here.

Advertisements

About Christa Avampato

I make a living in business and I make a life as a writer, artist, and yogi. I use my business skills to support passion projects that build a better world. My first novel, Emerson Page and Where the Light Enters, will be published in the Fall of 2017 by Thumbkin Prints, a children's and YA imprint of Possibilities Publishing Co. My creative career has stretched across Capitol Hill, Broadway theatre, education, nonprofit fundraising, health and wellness, and Fortune 500 companies in retail, media, and financial services. In every experience, I have used my sense of and respect for elegant design to develop meaningful products, services, program, and events to help people live happier, healthier lives. A recovering multi-tasker, I am a proud alum of UPenn (BA) and the Darden School at UVA (MBA). When not in front of my Mac, I’m on my yoga mat, walking my rescue dog, Phineas, traveling with a purpose, or practicing the high-art of people watching. I split my time between New York City and Washington, D.C. Follow my adventures on Twitter at https://twitter.com/christanyc and Instagram at https://instagram.com/christarosenyc.

Discussion

8 thoughts on “Leap: In Love with Pinterest, a Celebration of Beauty in Images

1. hey. i like you and i like your blog. keep in touch!

claire

Posted by clayer | January 24, 2012, 3:28 am
  2. WOW!!! amazing capture. Its so hard to capture a great moment, but youve done it. I Like your style, come check me out if you get a chance.

Posted by Tsemrou | January 24, 2012, 3:32 am
  3. I requested an invite this morning – it looks lovely! Heidi Haywood had mentioned it in her Facebook page, but I didn’t know what it was. Thanks for explaining it and peaking my interest (no pun intended!).

Posted by grandma121 | January 24, 2012, 6:29 am
  4. Great image

Posted by Littleskew | January 24, 2012, 6:34 am
  5. Love Pinterest. It’s a refreshing site that one can get lost in and spend endless hours just scrolling down. You’re right, the imagery is a definite break from texting and simply reading.

All for this site 😉

Posted by Nikita | January 24, 2012, 2:33 pm
  6. With Father’s Day approaching on June 17, we can be thankful for fathers who have loved us, nurtured us and provided for us security and stability. Now on Father’s Day, we honor them. I also realize there are some who might never have experienced this kind of relationship with their father, let alone ever have known their father. Whatever your situation, in this article I want to acquaint you with the Father of unconditional love. This Father of unconditional love is our Heavenly Father.

Posted by pinterest invite | February 12, 2012, 3:46 pm

I'd love to know what you think of this post! Please leave a reply and I'll get back to you in a jiffy! ~ CRA

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Translate this blog to another language

My Goodreads

He sure is, by so many.

RSS Breaking Bread Podcast on Soundcloud

• Ringing in the holidays with DC's Food & Friends May 17, 2017
    Check out my uplifting podcast episode featuring Food & Friends, one of my favorite organizations in D.C. Please feel free to spread this good news far and wide! Food & Friends provides one million specialized nutritious meals a year in the greater D.C. area to individuals and families who are undergoing treatment for HIV / AIDS and cancer, and those […]
  • Interview with DC's Capital Area Food Bank May 17, 2017
    The Capital Area Food Bank supports 444 food-based organizations in the D.C. area who in turn help hundreds of thousands of our neighbors every year who face food insecurity on a daily basis. It’s an inspiring story about food as a social justice issue, the fight to end hunger, and our ability to help our city grow stronger and healthier together.
%d bloggers like this: