I took my first yoga teacher training through Beth Shaw’s YogaFit program. At the time, her approach appealed to my desire to cultivate fitness and health without continuing to pound my body through competitive running and heavy gym workouts. Her program caused me to further investigate yoga as a physical, mental, and spiritual practice, and 14 years later, I’m still teaching.
Beth has a new book out this week, YOGALEAN: Poses and Recipes to Promote Weight Loss and Vitality-for Life. This book is perfect for people who want to integrate yoga and nutrition into a 360-degree program to lose weight and increase their energy levels. The book walks readers through cohesive plans for four distinct motivations: amp up energy, promote a leaner body, increase immunity, and promote youthfulness inside and out. Each motivation has a common set of components:
- Yoga poses that promote a lean physique, strengthen your core, and increase energy
- Cardio and weight-training workouts to complement your yoga, refine your physical strength, and ward off disease
- Easy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks that will help you burn fat more efficiently
- Stress-reducing and clarity-enhancing daily meditations
- Breathing exercises to calm your mind and sharpen your focus
- A one-week jumpstart plan outlining precisely what to eat and how to exercise your body and mind
The book is now on sale in bookstores across the country and online. Congrats to Beth on the next evolution of her mission to bring health and wellness to all people everywhere!