“Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual.” ~Ernest Hemingway
I’ve been in my job for almost 4 months and in D.C. for 6 months. Now that I’m getting my groove back, I’m going to spend the Fall exploring. Here’s what I’ll be up to:
- Playing in a co-ed soccer league with a few of my friends.
- Capturing the urban landscapes of D.C. with a pencil in hand thanks to the DC Sketchers class offered by Capitol Hill Arts Workshop. Every Saturday we travel to a new location in D.C. and spend two hours taking a drawing class.
- Taking in the Fall cultural events season in DC. There are so many high quality theater, music, and literary events to attend.
- Finding ways to continue my public storytelling that I started this summer with Story District.
- Traveling. My dear friend, Amy, is going to be in Sarajevo for a fellowship and I’m hoping to take some time this Fall to visit her in this incredible city. I’m long overdue for a trip out of the country.
- Teaching myself to play the piano.
What new things are you trying this Fall?